The Claim

Within one week of the drop, I had made contact with the Toll Authority and submitted all of the proper documentation. I was told it would take a few months, then I should be compensated for the damage. My paperwork would travel from Tampa to Orlando to Tallahassee to be reviewed. Four months later I received a notice in the mail that the Toll Authority was not responsible. I called to find out why and they said that the toll bar operation is the responsibility of the operator, who was a leased employee, so I should contact the leasing company. It sure would have been nice to know this four months ago! Well, they gave me the name of the leasing company and a bad phone number, so I tracked them down (yea Google!). I sent them all the same information and had a check at my door in less then ten days! If you are right about something, document everything and never give up!

No comments: